my neutered cat ran away?

Okay first of all, no negative comments. What I'm looking for is reassurance. Please.

So my 1 year old male cat Milo ran out at about 7AM yesterday. He likes to play around on the deck in the sun. I usually get him back inside after a couple of hours. I went out and tried calling for him but I can't seem to find him. I think he ran in to the hill behind our house but I'm not sure. There are coyotes by my house but he's a pretty smart cat. Its been about 30 hours and I still cant find him. He wasn't wearing his collar at the time so I'm really worried.

Do you think he'll come home? =/

A couple of years ago my other cat ran out for 3 days but came back. It was in the same house as I am today.

Asked by Member 982323 on Apr 27th 2010 Tagged cat, ran, away, home in Behavior & Training

Answers

♥Sam

I hope he comes back soon safe and sound. Here's a couple of groups to check out for info.
www.catster.com
A group on Catster.
Please look through all the links and threads it may have some useful info for you.

and the Missing cat assistance
pets.groups.yahoo.com

A yahoo group.

Good luck

♥Sam answered on 4/27/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I certainly hope your kitty has come back, or will be back. I don't like the fact that there are coyotes around. I had the same problem around my home about two years ago, but none have been sighted since. Hopefully, your little buddy will be back real soon and stay close to home. I am glad you had him neutered, but those hormones will still be in his system for at least a month or so. Best wishes for his safe return home!!!!

We'll keep Milo in our prayers until you update us that he's come back. Ernie would disappear for a day or so, too, and then in the morning, casually walk back in the house with the dogs. You can be proactive and put up posters. You can also notify your city's animal control officer (through your local police) and also contact local shelters and rescues. At least then you know you're doing everything you can. Good luck and let us know.