Jenny

My mom fell in love with a man who doesnt like cats. I hissed but my mom's boyfriend didn't understand to stop so I bit

and scratched him. I am 7 yrs old and have also been aggressive with others in the family, I am like an attack cat. I am extremely loyal and affectionate with my widowed mom. Her boyfriend wants her to come and visit him in Florida without me. She left me two weeks with someone coming up once a day to feed me. I seemed fine when she got back. Now he wants her to stay much longer. What should she do. She loves him too and may want to marry him.

Asked by Jenny on Feb 10th 2013 Tagged momlovesaggressivecat, boyfrienddoesnt in Answers

Answers

Izzie is not an "attack cat", but he does not like to be touched or held by strangers and will react as Jenny does. People who visit my home already know or are warned not to try to pick Izzie up. With me, he is an affectionate lap cat. If the aggressiveness is a new behavior or has gotten worse, Jenny needs to see the vet. There are anti-anxiety medications that can be given along with behavior modification training. Because your future may hold joining a family with young children or grandchildren, you need to find out what's "up" with Jenny. At the least, because of her personality, she should be kept in a room away from visitors while they are at your home. As for leaving her for a long period, you could have the pet sitter come again since she handled it well, or you may want to look into a cat boarding facility.