My mom abuses my kitten! Help!

I got a new kitten. He is 3 months old. I love him to death and he loves me to death!! He doesn't sleep or eat when i'm not there and showers me with love. The problem?
Well, my mom doesn't like cats. Or any other pet. She is a super neat freak and she has been freaking out ever since i got this kitten even though i asked her before getting him and she said yes. She won't even come near him. Because of her, my poor little baby stays in my room all the time. I bought him toys but he wants to go out at times(in the morning to be specific). When I go for work, i have to leave him by himself locked up in my room and he cries snd cries for me for hours. Today, my mom came in my room and started yelling at me and my kitten for no reason. If i ever leave my door open and he tries to go outside my room, my mom kicks him in the stomach. It's really sad. He is my little baby.
And where I live, domestic cats aren't allowed outside the house without a leash so i can't make him an outdoor cat.

Asked by Member 1196392 on Nov 17th 2013 Tagged safetyconcernkittenabusemotherhelpme in Health & Safety

Answers

Honestly, you were not thinking of your kitten when you acquired one, but yourself. You should find a good home for him so he does not live a life of torture when you are not home. When you are grown up and have your own place, you can have as many animals as you can afford. Until then, do the right thing and spare this cat the abuse until someone calls animal control on your mother. Never force a cat on a hater, because they usually lash out, and your parent CLEARLY has a problem. Good luck and do the right thing for a helpless animal... ^_^

Little Bit

Call the police or have someone you trust do it for you. It is illegal in most states to abuse animals and if your Mom gets a ticket and has to pay a big fine maybe it will give you time to find a safe place for for your new baby until you can be with him. Don't beat yourself up about this, but you do need to find him someplace safe maybe a foster home? I know you love him, but you have to make sure he is safe and not locked in a room all day with a monster on the other side of the door. You don't want him to end up thinking you are the reason he is so unhappy. Call a local no kill shelter and talk to someone there-they are the most kind people on earth and maybe they can help you figure out what is best. God bless you and your baby. I will also say a prayer for your Mother, she must be a very troubled lady in a lot of pain herself to want to kick a 3 month old kitten in the stomach. Good luck sweetie.

Little Bit answered on 1/30/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer