My male cat is 12 years old and has always peed on furniture and the floor. He also uses the litter box but still will b

Asked by Member 1147610 on Jan 1st 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Buddha

First of all have him checked by your veterinarian to make sure he has no medical problems. There are a number of medical problems that can cause this kind of problem behavior. If your cat has a medical problem, diagnosis and proper treatment will most likely solve the problem.

If your vet doesn't find any medical problems then you can try offering your cat two litter pans so he can pee in one and poop in the other. You might also try putting a pan of newspapers beside your litter pan. I've had some cats whose problem was solved by giving them a pan of newspapers. Then they would pee in the paper and poop in the litter.

Make sure you thoroughly clean up the spots where your cat has peed with a good enzymatic cleaner or apple cider vinegar. There also is a product called Precious Cat Ultra Litter Attractant and a cat litter called Cat Attractâ„¢ Herbal Attractant Litter which are supposed to attract cats to use the litter pan. There may be other similar products I'm unaware of.

Buddha answered on 1/30/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer