Gris,Kira&Lucy

My Lucy started to cough and now she is sneezing.

Her Vet already checked her last Tuesday, she said that her breathing system was a little bit irritated so she prescribed anti inflammatory. Her coughing is gone but today she started to sneeze when we took her out to the grass. Lucy's vet prescribed her antibiotics now, just in case of infection.
Could it also be related with weather changes? I've read that cats sometimes get allergic to environmental factors such as polen or dust for example. How could we know if it is an allergy?
Could it be any type of feline virus? (She got already all her vaccines when we adopted her though)

Asked by Gris,Kira&Lucy on Jul 29th 2011 Tagged allergies, virus, feline, help in Allergies

Answers

Cat allergies manifest themselves the same way human allergies do--usually through skin rashes or respiratory issues and the symptoms are much the same as well. If it's a food allergy, it can also cause digestive upsets. It really sounds like an allergy to something outdoors, and for that reason, I'd keep her inside if you can. Continually subjecting her to grass, pollen, etc. that's outside will only make the situation worse and negate the effect of the meds. I doubt if it's a virus as she'd truly be ill. Keep an eye on her and if the situation gets worse, contact your vet on Monday.