My kitty is used to being solo. I want to get another one but I am so scared of ruining his life! Any suggestions?

Asked by Member 1184637 on Feb 13th 2014 Tagged introductions in Behavior & Training

Answers

If your cat is nine or under and in good health, great! To minimize jealousness, get a girl kitty that's spayed under age one, and make sure that your guy is neutered. Then he will be her feline grandpa. Introduce them slowly, with him smelling her out 1st. Give him more toys, treats and time during the introduction period. You must give him the same amount of attention (or more) during the supervised visitation process, until they can be together throughout the night with no incident. Save a life and give your guy a friend. Even if they don't become best buds, they will eventually learn coexistence with each other, and gain a feline companion.

Well I have an orange and a Black cat up for
adoption in Louisville Ky They are 4yrs old
they were abandon by owners that moved so they
are with me on a temp basis. Both are neutered and
cuddle bugs.