My kitten sometimes pees in our dirty clothes basket what can I do to stop him before I decide to get rid of him?

Asked by Member 1085153 on Jan 17th 2012 Tagged kittten, peeing, laundrybaskets in Cats & Kids

Answers

Make sure his litterbox is kept clean and is easy to get to and easy to get into. Depending on how small he is, it may be too far away to get to when he feels the need to go potty or it may be hard to climb in if his legs are little. And if you can, also make the dirty clothes hamper harder to get into. He may also need a checkup at the vet to be sure that he doesn't have a health issue causing him to do this. However, if you have so little patience with training a kitten that your first thought is to get rid of him, perhaps you should do that while he is still a kitten and would be easier for a shelter to rehome.