Guest

my kitten is throwing up!

yesterday she started throwing up, she threw up a couple chunks of her cat food, and then by the night time around 12am. she started really throwing up but it was just dark liquid. i dont understand and im worried about her, i dont have money to take her to the vet,
i feed her Iams. never had a problem with it, i dont know what is going on....


Asked by Member 837580 on May 18th 2009 in Health & Safety
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Angel

Some people don't like Iams because it has a lotta by-products. It's probably the food or she might be sick. Did you adopt her? What was her living condition before you had her? Good luck!


Angel answered on 5/18/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Allie

Kittens can become dehydrated from vomiting and go downhill fast. If she continues to vomit, maybe your vet will be willing to work out some sort of payment plan for you. They understand that things are tough in the economy and wouldn't want to see a kitty die because of it. If you think she could have gotten into something toxic, then it is urgent for her to see the vet. But if you think it's food related, try cooking her some chicken or fish (no seasoning, no butter, etc.) See if she can keep down something bland like that and try to make sure she gets some water in her even if you have to use an eye dropper or small syringe to get her to drink.


Allie answered on 5/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Guest

That really doesn't sound right. It's not normal for a kitten to be throwing up dark liquid. She needs to see a vet. Ask your vet for a payment plan to be settled out. I understand times are hard, but it was you who decided to take on a kitten, so it is your responsibility to take care of her medical needs. It could be many different things. It could be the poor quality food you're feeding her, she could've been poisoned, she could be dehydrated... only your vet can tell you that. We are not vets here and we cannot diagnose cats over the internet.


Member 409208 answered on 5/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Belle

definitely take her to the vet as soon as possible. throwing up dark liquid is not normal and could be signs of serious internal issues.

if you can't pay to take her to the vet, then please do the kind thing and give her to someone who has the money to care for her. even if you have to give her to a shelter, it's about doing what's right for the cat so she doesn't have to suffer for your inability to pay. i'm very sorry, i know that times are tough.


Belle answered on 5/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer