my five month old kitten has alot of gas, how do i help her get rid of it?

Asked by Member 875628 on Sep 11th 2009 in Health & Wellness

Answers

It can be from her food. She might have allergies to some of the ingredients. Or she might have intestinal parasites. If she also has stinky diarrhea, I would take a stool sample to the vet for testing.

Allie is right. It's best to get her diet adjusted before it becomes a serious situation. When Izzie was 5 months old, he had so much gas and was so bloated and uncomfortable, he stopped eating. It cost me $250.00 at the vet's to find all all he needs to do was--umm--pass gas. If you are giving her cow's milk, stop. This causes lots of digestive problems in kitties. Make sure she's drinking enough water, too as this can help. But be aware that some kitties are just gassy. When your friends and family become aware of this, you can always "blame the cat..."