My Fiance's cat is aggressive toward me.

My fiance has had his cat for two years. She was bottle fed and we adopted her. She absolutely adores him. When she was a kitten she had Feline distemper and was hospitalized for ten days.About a year after that she became very aggressive toward me and anyone else except my fiance. She we will sleep on him, snuggle up to his neck and lick him. She has gotten much worst especially when he is not around. Literally refuses to let me into my house, or room. You can see the fear in her eyes. I'm at a lost at what to do. Help!

Asked by Member 1212045 on Feb 19th 2014 Tagged aggression in Behavior & Training

Answers

Dogs and cats can smell fear a mile away. You have to not be afraid of this cat (you're bigger). If you have to, carry a water bottle around with 1/3 white vinegar inside. If she tries to hit or bite you, spray her. SHE owns your fiance, not you, and she knows it. So while you will never be her favorite person, she can at least learn that she can't get rid of you and to stop fighting. Hissing and growling is fine, that doesn't hurt anyone physically. When your guy is around, give her some Greenies dental treats to show her that you are trying to be her friend. ^_^