My DLH keeps getting poop stuck in her fur. She is being quite aggressive with me when I'm trying to get it. Any ideas??

My Layla is a very moody cat, and every so often she gets poo stuck in her fur under her tail. Usually its just a little one and she lets me pull it off, or if it's really in there good snip it out. But now she's got about 4 little ones all tangled up in fur and I'm guessing the tugging hurts, I have already been beaten up a few times today trying to get them. She is a very strong and aggressive cat on a good day, so I'm really struggling here. Anyone deal with something similar??

Asked by Member 1153437 on Feb 3rd 2013 Tagged poop, tangledfur in Other Grooming

Answers

Delilah

Delilah has the same problem, and she bites and claws when I try to comb or otherwise remove them. This is not a chronic problem with her, however, so I remove the cling-on, she bites me and a few minutes later we're best friends again. It's VERY difficult to cut cling-ons or matts out of a cat anywhere on it's body. You take a big risk in cutting their skin (been there). I found that putting less litter in her box works to an extent. I only use about an inch and a half of litter. When she goes to the vet's, I have them give her a "hygenic" or "sanitary" trim back there. The embarrassment that the cat may feel 8o) about being shaved or trimmed back there is better than having someone try to pull or cut cling-ons out.

Delilah answered on 2/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer