Deno

My cats left ear is swollen and looks to have a puss bubble under his skin!

My cat Deno, was scratching behind his ears and leaving scabs! I was told that he had ear mites so I bought the ear drops and applied as directed! Last night I noticed his left ear was basically swollen shut and appeared to have a puss bubble under his skin! I dont have the extra money to bring him to the vet right now due to being 9months pregnant! I dont want something horrible to be wrong with my baby!

Asked by Deno on May 8th 2012 Tagged earproblems in Skin Problems

Answers

Unfortunately, whatever is going on with your cat requires the services of a vet. You should not poke around in his ear as it is most likely extremely painful for him. If you were at the vet previously and what they did for him didn't work, they should not charge you for another office call. If you just bought something over the counter and used it, then you misdiagnosed your cat. I can tell you that if you leave it go untreated, it will develope into something "horrible". These infections can work their way into the brain. At the least, he could go deaf. A vet will work with you on payment plans.