My cats eyes are fully dilated and he won't move, what could be causing this?

He's lethargic, won't eat/drink, and feels cold to the touch. He's been like this for about 24 hours now.

Asked by Member 812241 on Mar 6th 2009 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Riley

Don't mean to be rude here, but why are you posting this here? GET TO A VET. NOW. Your cat NEEDS medical attention, now. Right now.

Riley answered on 3/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I'd have to back Riley up on that suggestion. Why would you even question this instead of calling the vet? The fact that he has been like this for 24 hours is appalling. Please take him to an emergency vet clinic tonight.

Why did you wate 24 hours?This dose not soulnd good GET TO A VET ASAP. HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cherry

Hi,
I am in agreement with everyone else, if you were lethargic, wont eat/drink and are unable to move.. would you even consider posting online? would you not go to the emergency? Why is that when it happens to a cat you post it online and not take them to the vet instead! ??!!!!!!!
CATS are like Kids they need utmost care and if you are not knowledgeable in Cat health, please google some articles and make yourself aware of your role in your cat's wellbeing. My intention is not to make you feel bad either :( but sometimes ignorance is not Bliss!!! I apologize if this comment offended you. I do hope you have sought emergency VET care! Do let us know his progress. Good luck.

Cherry answered on 3/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Garth

I have to agree with the others, sounds to me (no offense) that he is dead. But yeah please get him to a vet, or update us with what happend!

Garth answered on 3/31/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer