my cats are peeing on furniture, And on my kitchen table. HELP !!!! to the pound they go if it doesn't stop

Asked by Member 1094156 on Feb 22nd 2012 in Cats & Kids

Answers

It does not seem that you have the patience and love necessary to train your cats, and you don't mention having taken them in for a vet exam to determine whether or not the problem is medical. A person who, in all apparent seriousness, says "to the pound they go" in reference to their cats is not a proper cat guardian, in my opinion. Before you take them to "the pound", please make sure it is a no-kill shelter, so they will have a chance at being adopted and having a happy life. They need a person or family who will work with them on their inappropriate elimination issues, who will take them for medical care as required, and who will not dump them when they have a problem or become inconvenient.

Please be kind, and find a no-kill shelter or rescue organization in your area.

I totally agree with the other answer. It sounds like you have NO patience to deal with animals. Have you even taken your cats to the vet to rule out any medical issues such as urinary tract infection or anything else? Have you changed anything in the house that may be upsetting them? Cats, like children, aren't going to be perfect little angels all the time. Most animals wind up dead if they get sent to the pound. Is it worth killing your cats just because they are peeing on things?