Eva

My cat will not stop peeing on my clothes! I cannot leave anything on the floor without her peeing on it. WHAT DO I DO

Asked by Eva on Nov 3rd 2007 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Elisabeth Ann

Get her checked out by a veterinarian immediately and make sure he tests for urinary tract infections. In the meantime keep her in a closed room with a litter box, that way she cant get to your clothing.

I'm also wondering if your kitty may only be marking her territory. If she is not spayed, getting her done might solve the problem. Fixed or not, I would still rush her in to see the vet.

Here's also a good article
www.vet.cornell.edu

Hope this helps!
Elisabeth Ann

Elisabeth Ann answered on 11/3/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

i would suggest not to leave your clothes on the floor anymore.

OH, SKEETS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Out of nowhere she started peeing on all our clothes...So we changed things up a bit..try to remember if you changed anything on her..maybe she doesnt like it. More attention maybe. Also, we changed her liter on her and went back to the orignial stuff we got her. After that she never pee'd on our clothes...If none of this works you might have to keep your clothes off the floor...Is she in heat??? That makes a big difference i think as well....

Moxie

I'm assuming this is a new behavior? I think the most common causes are: (1) medical - see a vet, (2) changes that upset the cat such as new litter, new food, having their things moved, having people over if your cat is not used to it, etc., (3) territory marking - is your cat fixed? My other cat is very sensitive and I can almost always trace her undesirable behavior back to a "change" I made. I think cats are creatures of habit and are easily upset. I once put a new blankie in her bed when it got colder and thought I was doing something nice. I started noticing a pattern of thinking I was doing something for her and her leaving me a "unwanted present" to send me a message. If you can't identify any changes and if you notice anything that might indicate a health problem (e.g. kitty has problems peeing), take her to a vet immediately.

Moxie answered on 11/6/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer