chico

my cat was only 2 years old when i had to put it asleep... how do i forgive myself for taking his life....????

i went to the bathroom and heard a loud noice and my cats were playing to hard and my chico hit something hard on his tail end and ended up having nerve damage and then got worse and couldnt go to the bathroom by himsellf and i know he was in alot of pain, he would scearm when he tired to use the bathroom.....the vet had to put a cathiter in him to go pee....

Asked by chico on Mar 1st 2011 Tagged death in News & Events

Answers

What you did for Chico, hard as it is to believe, was the kindest thing you could do for him and that was put him out of his misery. You understood that he was not going to recover and he did not have what we call any "quality of life". As humans and people who love our animals, we are able to do this for our furry companions. I can tell you, having gone through this many times myself, there are ALWAYS doubts. Could they have gotten better? Could I have spent more money to make them well? Was it really "bad" enough to end their life? Things happen over which we have no control and it can happen in a split second. You did not intentionally put Chico in harm's way. Take comfort in the fact that you did what you had to do for your Chico. As he runs and plays up at the Rainbow Bridge, trust me, he's thanking you for ending his pain. You are a good person who loved your kitty and he knows that.

gracie tatanka

its the most awful feeling you will ever have and having been through this while i dont want euthanasia for humans legalised i still wish that if the time came and any of my human family were that sick i could do this for them even knowing the pain i would go through. your little one was in pain and had no quality of life if you dont believe in the here after you have taken away that pain if you do believe there is something more you have sent him to a better place and if your like me you can believe that when the time comes he will come back to you.you one way or another must move on and as for forgiving yourself you have done nothing to be forgivin for you gave your little one the biggest and most important gift you could ever have givin him. wrap the goodness that is in your heart around yourself and keep our best thoughts and wishes for you in your mind and you will get through this take care

gracie tatanka answered on 3/2/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Very hard decision to make.But,you have to know you did the right thing for him. You took his pain away,knowing that was all you could do for him. No animal lover wants to see there pet in pain. Unfortunatly sometimes that is the price we pay for having pets. Its an awful price. And we pray we never have to make that kind of decision when we bring our beloved animals into our homes.Although he isn't with you anymore,you have given him a gift of love,a painfree life in heaven.So, please forgive yourself,you have nothing to feel bad about.Your cat is now free to run and jump and be happy.