My cat was cat vomiting up a brown fluid, I thought maybe it was just a stuck hair ball. Then 24 hours later she died

Any idea what happened to her she wasn't very old and it was very sudden, she was just fine 48 hours ago.

Asked by Member 999212 on Aug 3rd 2010 in Loss of a Pet

Answers

Please accept our sympathy for the loss of your kitty. Remember, we are not vets here. There is no way we could possibly tell you why your cat passed away. Since it was so sudden, it may have been poisoning of some sort, and if you have other animals, you may want to check your home. If you do have other animals and they begin to show the same symptoms, you may want to consider taking them to an emergency vet or to your own vet. Again, our sympathies for your loss.

I agree with the other poster. I just wanted to convey my sympathy and sorrow for the loss of your cat. I know this must be very difficult since it was so sudden. All the best.

Charlie

I know this is a little late, but you could have a vet to preform a necropsy to find out exactly why your cat died. Costs vary from vet to vet, may be worth the peace of mind knowing exactly what happened and if it could be prevented in the future.

Charlie answered on 10/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer