My cat seems bothered by something?

At first I assumed he was looking for a small animal, but I have my doubts. A few minutes ago Frankie started meowing at the garage door, so I went into it with him, and he started climbing all over, stopping to meow pleadingly at me every few steps. He doesn't want to come back inside, and I really want to know what's wrong.

Asked by Member 1127296 on Jan 24th 2013 in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Because cats don't speak "human", it's true detective work to find out why they're doing what they're doing. When my cats acts like this, there's usually a stray cat outside. Or, something could have scared Frankie inside the house. You may have to go back over what happened before he started acting like this. Was he teased or harrassed in any way? Do you have workmen or any home remodeling project going on? Did you just get another pet? Guests who don't like cats? Are there mice or other small rodents in your garage that he may have seen or heard? It's difficult to tell from here what's weirding him out. Since you're there with him in the house, you'll have to do a bit of searching to see what could have happened. It might seem minor to you, but it's definitely weirding Frankie out.