My cat pees on the clothes on the floor. I may have to get rid of her, but what else can I do?

She pees on clothes that have been left out and used. She paws at them and then makes her mark. She also peed on my old bathroom rug. At first I thought she was just jealous of the 1 yr old in the house, but now she has still continued!

Asked by Member 1085045 on Jan 16th 2012 Tagged urine, clothing in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

They are the various tips on how can you control your cat from peeing on the floor please visit the below link.

www.petmanage.com

Before you get rid of your cat, try the following: 1) a trip to the vet to rule out any illness; 2) add another litter box; 3) keep your clothes off the floor; 4) make sure the cat has access to her litter box and is not locked in a bedroom (or any other room) where she can't get to her box; and 5) keep the litter boxes VERY CLEAN! You will also need to clean any urine spots with a good urine odor eliminator (OxyClean or Nature's Miracle are good ones). I hope these suggestions work, but in any event, you need to get your cat to the vet for a proper diagnosis. Best of luck.

Farrah Jaqua

Your cat might be showing signs of a kitty UTI. Please take her to the vet. Don't get rid of her. Be patient with you cat. Good luck!

Farrah Jaqua answered on 1/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer