my cat passed away a little over a week ago, I live alone. Is it too soon to get another cat. the house seems so lonely

Asked by Member 197744 on Sep 14th 2012 Tagged gettinganothercat in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Phoenix

I am sorry for your loss.
My cat passed away in June,I live alone, and I felt very lonely too. Two weeks later I adopted a new cat. I haven't forgotten the first cat, but the new cat helps me deal with it.

Phoenix answered on 9/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ramsey

Oh I am so sorry for the passing of your pal. It is difficult to lose a companion. I think only you will be able to determine if it is too soon or not. Perhaps a little bit of time may be needed to grieve. Perhaps not. You will know when and if it is time to get another furbaby. Whatever you decide, you will probably never forget the cat that passed away.

Ramsey answered on 9/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I dont believe its too soon to get another kitty. But choose wisely. Sometimes, the same type of Kitty helps but sometimes it causes you to be upset. Go to a shelter and see which one seems right. Youll know when you see them!. I have one (Swore I wasnt getting a cat especially with 2 pits) He was about to be taken to the shelter and I took him in. He is the perfect match for our Home!

Buddy-Budd da Blue

It is so difficult to loose a friend.

If you are ready please go and look for a new friend. Maybe two?

Maybe you will decide to adopt an older kitty. That would be wonderful. My Buddy was a rescue at 8 years old and was from an abusive home. It took a bit of work but he is just a wonderful cat.

My prayers are with you in your loss but GO FOR IT

MEOW

Buddy-Budd da Blue answered on 9/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer