My cat may have a hip problem. He can't walk on it. I'm afraid he'll have to be put down if a vet can't fix it.

He's not very old and is a outdoor cat who is semi wild. Will let me pet and love on him. If it were his leg I would think the vet could do something for him. But it could be his hip and am afraid he'll have to be put down. Am going to the vet tomorrow. Would like a second answer before going.

Asked by Member 1150719 on Jan 18th 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I doubt that your vet would put your cat down for a leg injury or broken leg. Since your cat goes outdoors, anything could have happened without your knowledge. Is it possible he got hit by a car? Did someone hurt him? It's just a guessing game when cats are exposed to the outdoors and the various dangers associated with going out. Get him to the vet for his appointment and let the vet diagnose and treat him accordingly. Please keep him indoors. I'm sure your vet will instruct you likewise. Hope kitty recovers quickly. Best wishes.