My cat Margo has asthma, and has been getting a monthly injection of Depo-Medrol and dexamethasone for two months now.

But, now I have to decide if using an inhaler would benefit her more. Plus, I have limited funds. So what would be the least expensive overall? Of course, her health comes before financial concerns. I would appreciate any pros and cons for both treatments. Thank you.

Asked by Member 352724 on May 10th 2010 in Medications

Answers

Without knowing Margo's complete medical history, it's very difficult to make suggestions, and since we are not veterinary professionals on this board, we should not do so. Even if we should have a cat who also has asthma like Margo, conditions and situations vary. We would not want you to take our suggestions as "law" and put Margo's health in jeopardy because of them. Speak with your vet about the use of an inhaler. If you don't like their answer, most vets will not mind if you'd care to get a second opinion from another vet. Good luck and purrs for Margo!