ALEXIS

My cat kicks herself in the head with back paw then fights with it. Anyone know why??

She really was fighting her back paw a couple days ago...it sounded like a big cat fight!

Asked by ALEXIS on Jan 13th 2013 Tagged weirdbehavior in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I've often commented here that if we could figure out why our cats do the weird things they do and publish a book about it, we'd be able to pay off the National Debt. Dogs chase their tails, and my cats will be sitting still and suddenly jump up and race full tilt across the house chasing...nothing. However, if you notice that your cat is doing damage to her paw, it's time to go to the vet's. You can also try playing with her more than you already do to distract her from attacking her body parts. If she begins to exhibit any other strange behaviors, it's always a good idea to at least phone the vet for their advice.