Desiel

My cat just got declawed and wont use the litter box, I have yesterdays news in it but he wont use it! What can I do I

Asked by Desiel on Apr 16th 2011 in Health & Wellness

Answers

You could try using torn up newspaper in the litter box and a few sheets outside the box. You could also use puppy pads. I'm sure that your cat's paws are quite sore and will be for a few days or so. Be patient! I am not a fan for declawing cats, but I understand that this is quite painful. My father's two cats (brother and sister) were both declawed and spayed/neutered at the same time. They literally had tears running down their little faces from the pain. Hope kitty is feeling better soon.

Simon Birch

Beware when asking questions about declawing here, a lot of people are deathly opposed. I would make sure to set kitty up in a bathroom so that if he does go outside of the box, it's easy to clean up. As they heal, it will get easier. Again, keep kitty in the bathroom so that when the paws do heal, the litter box is still the most desirable place to go, as opposed to say... a pile of clothes or a bed! Happy thoughts for your baby's safe recovery!

Simon Birch answered on 4/22/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Leonidas AKA The Spartan King

You need to shred the newspaper through a paper shredder. And make lots of fluffy paper shred for the cat to step on..

Leonidas AKA The Spartan King answered on 5/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer