My cat jellybean got into an accident about 4 months ago. Stays in her cat condo all day and doesn't get out at all.

My cat jellybean got into an accident about 4 months ago. Her hips were fractured and her left hind leg is semi paralysed due to a nerve damaged. She can't use that particular leg but sometimes it twitches. When i clean her left ear, her hind leg would move like how cats move their paws while cleaning their ears. I keep her in my room the whole time since the accident to heal and also to keep our 2 dogs away from her. She eats drinks poops and pee well. But she simply refuses to get out of her cat condo. She stays in there all day all night and only comes out to use the litter box. Sometimes i will leave her food a few steps away from the condo and she would rather stay in then to come out and eat. I tried to lure her out with toys and treats and brushing but she wont barge. There are times that i would take her out to get some sun, but once i put her down on the lawn, she runs back to her condo. She was a lively cat before the accident. Any solution?

Asked by Member 1199807 on Nov 17th 2013 Tagged injured, hiding, introvert in Health & Wellness

Answers

What was the accident? Most importantly, take her back to the vet. She is either in pain or traumatized. Maybe she is not healing properly, and maybe doing nothing all day does not stimulate her appetite. It sounds like she needs professional help- good luck ^_^