My cat isn't responding well to medicine

Hey kitties, my cat Mr Mow Mow hasn't been responding well lately to his medicine. He's been having little mr kitty pains and so I've been helping him with this new medicine, but so far he has responded poorly. Now when I come home, all of his food is still in his bowl, he didn't even touch it! Not only that, but he doesn't respond to his favorite catnip toys. He doesn't come when I call him, he doesn't meow anymore, and he doesn't do a whole lot of breathing either and something in my house is starting to stink. Cats can take hydrocodones right?

Asked by Member 1156836 on Feb 24th 2013 Tagged kittyhelpmedicine in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Your cat is showing three of the most serious signs of being very ill, lethargy, refusing to eat and hiding. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you give your cat ANY medications meant for humans, especially pain killers. You could cause him to die. Medications should only be prescribed by a veterinary professional in amounts safe for a cat. If he hasn't been to a vet for diagnoses, you need to take him. If you are giving him human pain-killers, STOP NOW!!

Oh hey, OP posting, yeah turns out the cat died so it's all cool, I just tossed him in the trash and everything is hunky dory now. Thanks anyways guys!