my cat is wheezing and sneezing could she have something trapped in her sinuses?

She just started this last night and she is an indoor/outdoor cat. She seems fine otherwise is eating and drinking normally should I be alarmed?

Asked by Member 1046208 on Aug 16th 2011 Tagged sneezing, wheezingcat in Illness & Disease

Answers

It certainly sounds like something is wrong. You need to take this cat to the vet. My cat started sneezing her head off one day & making what the vet referred to as "air noises" like she was gasping for air. Luckily for me, all that was wrong with her was the fact that I had let my apartment get a little too dirty & she couldn't handle the dust & everything. Once I gave my apartment a massive floor to cleaning cleaning, she was just fine. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with your cat. If you are diligent about keeping your home clean, then your cat sounds sick to me & needs to go to the vet ASAP.

Usually, when a cat has an obstruction that seriously interfers with their breathing, they'll act panicked. It could be allergies--my Springer Spaniel has been sneezing also, but not wheezing and that's what concerns me about your cat. Upper respiratory infections, or "kitty colds" can become more serious rather quickly. If they lose their sense of smell because of it, they will stop eating because a cat won't eat what it can't smell. If I were you, I would at least call my vet to ask for their advice. Since she goes outdoors, she should be up to date on all her vaccinations to make sure nothing is passed from cats or wildlife to her.