my cat is very skinny,but

my cat is very skinny,but her stomach is very round.Also,she has a lump hanging from her stomach somrtimes.Also,she seems to have the flu.shes been eating and drinking normal shes been like this more than you can imagine,please do you have any answers?

Asked by Member 625519 on Oct 26th 2008 Tagged doyouthinkyouknowwhatswrongwithher in Worms & Parasites

Answers

I had a similar experience with a feral cat that we trapped. She had a hanging lump below her stomach, we had seen this for months. What is was was her intestines had pushed through the stomach creating a hernia. The doctor would normally just stitch the stomach up, but in our unfortunate case had to put her down because the stomach lining was abnormally very thin. Congenital they said. It would happen again and is very painful.

I would get your cat right to the vet. This sounds like a hernia- as stated- or a roundworm infestation. Roundworms are an intestinal parasite that "eat" whatever the cat eats, causing extreme hunger and no weight gain.

Hernia or roundworms- this cat needs to get to the vet to be treated.

Good luck!