My cat is meant 2 b indoors but she keeps escaping! She is a shy cat so any ideas on how to get her out from under house

My cat has escaped our house and is under our house. She is a very shy cat and can be hard to grab. Any tips or ideas for getting her out and keeping her indoors!!??????!!!! URGENT!!!!

Asked by Member 1148618 on Jan 6th 2013 Tagged catstuckunderhousehowdoigetherout in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

First of all, if she's not spayed, have it done. That won't cure the issue but will help. When Izzie and Delilah, my homebodies, got out, they, too, hid. I was frantic, like you, because we lived by a busy street. Izzie has a poufy tail, and well, I'd grab it and hold it until I could get the rest of him in my arms. But if your cat is waaay under the house, you may just have to wait until she come out. Trying to force or capture her could cause her to react with fangs and claws. Truthfully, the best offense is a good defense. If people in your home are known to leave doors/windows open, tell them to close them and be watchful of the cat! If the cat is nearby when you open a door, have a soda can with a few pennies taped in it and when she heads for the open door, give it a good shake and say a loud, firm "NO!" I even stamped my foot. About the best you can do is keep an eye on the door and let her in immediately. When she gets hungry and cold enough, she'll realize it's nicer inside!