My cat is a male who is 1.5 years old. He chews on everything! Help!

My cat is a male who is 1.5 years old. He chews on everything, shoes, plastic, cords, foam, baby items, books, wood tables, leather furniture. You name it he chews on it! I am in desperate need to change this behavior otherwise we will not be able to keep him due to him chewing on our brand new expensive baby items and ruining them! I have tried spending more time with him, playing with him, and buying him new toys and treats. He gets bored with his toys VERY quickly and then reverts to chewing on things. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I would give ANYTHING to just stop this behavior; I am just heartbroken at the thought of finding him a new home :(

P.S. I have brought him to the vet and the vet stated all looked good except his gums were a little red so now I brush his teeth one time a week.

Asked by Member 1212375 on Feb 21st 2014 in Behavior & Training

There are no answers yet. You can:

• Be the first to answer this question!