My cat has suddenly become obsessed with food, does not want to play so much, getting into food containers

She has been neutered for a year, is about a year 1/2 old. Started when weather changed, I am not home alot

Asked by Member 1145827 on Dec 18th 2012 in Methods of Training

Answers

George

Your kitty may not be getting enough nutritionaly. I recommend looking closer at your kitty's diet and making sure that he is getting enough to eat of the right kinds of food. The caloric intake your cat needs to maintain a desired weight can differ depending on body type. Larger cats will need more food. Try googling calorie intake for cats and seeing if you can find an example to help you calculate how much to feed. However, some cats are simply beggers, but if you keep them on a regular and stable feeding schedule it should help to cut down on the begging.

George answered on 12/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer