My cat has strange tiny bumps on his back.

I have a 5 year old male cat named Diesel. He is neutered and is usually healthy. Lately i have noticed all these little bumps on his back near his tail. they are scabby and hard to see since he hasnt lost any hair. Hes black. He hasnt been scratching or biting them or even licking them. He is acting like normal and they dont seem to faze him until i touch them. Please can you help me figure out what these can be?

Asked by Member 639764 on Jun 1st 2008 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Tipper

Could it be fleas, ticks, mites or an infection? You may want to have a vet take a look at it. My parents had a cat when I was younger that got fleas imbedded in the base of his tail and it ultimately had to be amputaed because of the infection. Poor thing had to re-learn how to jump and balance on the things. I would strongly suggest Vet attention so action can be taken quickly in case this is a simmilar situation.

Tipper answered on 6/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hunter

It is most likely caused by fleas...yes, even one flea bite can cause this type of reaction. Fleas are the most common allergen to cats and many end up with what is called FAD (Flea Allergy Dermatitis). you should see your vet for relief as well as flea medication...please only use frontline or advantage. The OTC ones are known to cause seizure and death in cats.

Purrs

Hunter answered on 6/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer