My cat has started meowing ans making noises for no apparent reason, why is she doing this?

She doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort

Asked by Member 1124247 on Aug 6th 2012 in Noisiness

Answers

You don't state how old your cat is. If she is an old cat (12 years or older), she may be getting senile. If she is a younger cat, I would be concerned as to why the sudden vocalization. In any event, regardless of kitty's age, I would take her to the vet for an evaluation and diagnosis. Hopefully, she's okay.

Batfink

Has kitty been spayed? she may be in heat xxx

Batfink answered on 8/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Thomas

I (thomas the cat) do this in the middle of the night. It could mean she's scared, nervous, or anxious. It could mean she wants more attention, or she is trying to tell you something is wrong.

Thomas answered on 8/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Token Fur Banks

First you have to detect what kind of meow it is?? Is it a distress call, a lovey meow, a hungry meow, a meow demanding attention? More importantly cats only meow to communicate with us humans. They talk to each other through body language. Learn your cats body language and you wont have to distinguish his/hers "meow type". Cats only meow because we dont communicate through body language to them. They meow as a convenience to us, as they sense we communicate through voice, so many will adapt and become overly noisy.. Like my cats. Token meows and meow and meows and meows about everything. every meow is barely different but I know his body language. I know when he wants brushed, fed, snacked, pet, messaged, his bed time story, etc etc. Cats love routines and they do not want them or your routine to be broken, remember that!! Cats often are silent when they are young and develop a voice when they get older as well or vice versa. contact me for further inquiry. K. MEOW so

Token Fur Banks answered on 8/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer