Di-Nah

my cat has sores and bumps all over her head, neck, and back but...

heres the deal, there are no fleas in the house all my cats are in door and they're very tender and last time i tried to bathe her she bit me soo hard she broke the skin sooo....i spray her with skin stuff that is supposed to help irritation but it doesn't help...
any ideas
ps... i'd already posted this before without all the details and people were saying it was cause of fleas and i am allergic to fleas terribly so i make sure there are NONE in this house...

Asked by Di-Nah on Jan 5th 2009 Tagged sores, bumps in Skin Problems

Answers

Have you seen a vet for this? If you are positive there are no fleas, it could be anything from an allergic reaction or mites or even ringwom. The vet could use a woods lamp to check for ringworm or do a skin scraping and test it to find out what is going on. It may be a food allergy or something in the environment. It sounds like whatever shampoo you were using may have stung her sores (or else she's just really opposed to baths) But the treatment may include baths so I would suggest getting some garden gloves to protect your hands when you bathe her. And don't run the water near her. Fill a tub before you catch her and just use a cup to pour water on her. Just use your hands on her head area, they really hate water on their heads and that will freak her out. My persians need occasional baths so I give a lot of baths with so many of them.

cat

i had the sores all over me without fleas. i'm also an indoor only cat. mommy tryed all the shampoos with only a little help. she finally gave me a bath with antibacterial hand soap and now now all better. not sure what it was i had. mom also gives me omega 3 fish oil in my food. good luck hope you get better real soon.

cat answered on 1/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hi, my cat had alot of bumps and all over his body and I went to the drug store and I bought Barrows solution (it comes in packets) I followed the directions on how to make it and then I made a pitcher of green tea, and put equal parts of both into a container and the bumps dried up. Also, my cat was itching alot and the vet told me to give him an allery medicine that Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4mg,(this is a antihistamine) These are 4mg tablets and you must cut them in half and give it to the cat every twelve hours. As for the fleas. I too am very careful with fleas and I am now giving my cats a product that i found at Petsmart, that has wheat germ and garlic. Do not give regular garlic to cats.. I read that it would cause anemia in cats and eventually will cause death... Hope this will be of some help. Irene