Petey

My cat has puss coming from a scab covered area on his stomache continuosly help

My cat has some form of allergy that causes him to break out in scans and he licks his stomache continually till puss and blood comes out we buy him expensive food and that seems to help but it reaccurs occasionally he also seems to have fluid in his stomach ever sonce he wad fixed but the vet says theres nothing that can be done and he got into a fight a while ago and got a large absist in his stomache and the vet left a hole for it to drain and the hole healed but recently it had opened up we keep taking him to our vet but all she does is give steroid shots he doesnt seem to be in distress but he is missing hair all doen his legs from licking it raw and we just want him to be healthy and happy please help he is a 7 year old cat that wandered up one day and we kept him so we dont know anything about his family history

Asked by Petey on Feb 14th 2013 Tagged vethelp in Health & Wellness

Answers

If you want an honest opinion, I think you need to find another vet. Or, if this infection has occured since he's seen the vet, you need to go back. Neutering, when it's done right, should not cause fluid to accumulate in his stomach. When a doctor does a drainage incision, there should be a small tube there, and the cat should have to wear an "e" collar to keep him from aggravating the issues. If the infection is so bad, he absolutely needs to have blood tests and be on an antibiotic. I can only tell you what I'd do, but your kitty has a lot of issues going on with him and you need to have an honest discussion with your vet about treatments for those issues. Good luck! We hope he's healthy and happy soon, too!

The Three Stooges

A single-source protein diet saved one of my cat's lives when the 2500.00 vet bill for his bleeding bowels yielded no answers. California Naturals has a few great options my cats love, and there are other makers out there too.

Angstrom Minerals's Silver Water- 600 ppm- is what I use for my 12 cats, 3 dogs, and myself to take care of everything from cuts to stomach aches to giardia. It's the oldest, safest, and most inexpensive anti-bacterial and anti-microbial product on the market. You can put it in his food, fur, and water with no ill effects, and his problems will clear up. 1 TBSP per gallon of water, and for sick cats I rub some in their fur and give 1 tsp orally 2x per day. I can't say enough about how well this works!

Cold-pressed coconut oil is a great anti-microbial product as well. Keeps their fur and digestive system healthy, and it smells great too!

The Three Stooges answered on 2/16/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer