my cat has been with me since 2 months old. i had a great relationship with her but now all a sudden she hisses at me

please help me i really need some advice on what i should do? im afraid to live in my own house. i have no money to see a vet what do i do?

Asked by Member 1143669 on Dec 4th 2012 Tagged pleasehelp in Aggression

Answers

There are some great behavior resources online - on this site and others (the ASPCA comes to mind). Unfortunately, it's really hard to know what's going on without more information. The age of your cat, any changes to her food or environment, any potential traumas, etc. could all contribute to changes in her behavior.

Most importantly, she could be very ill - in which case she really will need to see a vet. Often pet behaviors change when animals are sick. Check to see if your local vets have a low cost option or payment plan.

Good luck, and please get your kitty seen by a professional.

The other poster is absolutely right even though it's not much help to tell you we can't help. Whenever there is a sudden change in behavior, it could be a lot of things. As was said, she could be very ill. Cats will lash out when they're not feeling good. There might be a stray outside that she's seeing and attacking YOU instead. Someone might have abused her without you're knowing it. If you get Holiday gifts from anyone, ask them if they would mind helping with the vet bill instead. In the mean time, don't force your attentions on your cat. Don't try to pick her up. Feed her, clean her box and leave her alone. You need to get to the bottom of what's going on or risk her attacking and injuring you.