Princess Puss

My cat has a stuffy nose. She reminds me of myself when I have a cold/sinus/allergy problem.

She sounds like she needs to blow her nose. Her lungs sound clear, she's not wheezing. (I often curl up and lay my head on her little chest sometimes, and I can actually heart her heartbeat and breathing). I'm going to take her to the vet, but was wondering if it would be okay to wait until after Christmas is over, but am unsure how to help her in the meantime. Is there anything I could do, or buy over-the-counter that could help her until I could get her in to see the vet?

Asked by Princess Puss on Dec 1st 2012 Tagged stuffynose, sinus, allergies, cold in Allergies

Answers

Christmas is still 3 weeks away, and I fear that your kitty may get worse during that time. She may just be in the beginning stages of a "kitty cold", and if you wait, she could become congested. Then, if she can't smell her food, she may stop eating. If she were mine, for my own peace of mind, I'd take her in now. There is nothing you can (nor should you) medicate her with especially cold/allergy medications made for humans. Find out what it is and give her only what your vet prescribes. Hope she feels better fast!