my cat has a high fever what can i do to get it down?

my cat is very sick and has a high fever and i would like to know what i can do to make her temperature go down?

Asked by Member 527439 on Nov 13th 2007 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Miss Kay

Take your cat to the nearest veterinarian.... Quick!!!!

Miss Kay answered on 11/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 4 Report this answer

Fevers are a body's way of fighting infection. Making the fever go down (if you even could) will not "cure" your poor kitty. Your cat is sick and needs vet care RIGHT AWAY!!

Moxie

If your cat has a fever then it is serious and you must take it to a vet immediately. The last time my kitty threw up, I took her to the vet and they checked her temperature. They said it was normal and that's not surprising because cat's rarely develop a temperature except in very specific circumstances (e.g. temporarily right after vaccination). If a cat develops a fever, it requires immediate medical attention. Hopefully it's nothing serious but it's not something for you to treat on your own.

Moxie answered on 11/16/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer