my cat got spayed yesterday mor ning(sun) it is mon night and she still does not want to eat..what do I do?

Asked by Member 1147552 on Dec 31st 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

I know from experiences with my own surgeries and those of my animals that sometimes the medications given and the anesthesia used can make you pretty sick and kill your appetite. But if a little kitty goes too long without eating and/or drinking, that's not good. Is she vomiting? Moving around? She will be lethargic (sleepy) for a few days, but you need to keep a close eye on her and her surgery site. Call the vet if you notice any redness, swelling, "oozing", etc. You can try to offer her a little of her favorite wet food or even some human grade canned tuna off your fingers. If she's still not eating by tonight, you must at least call the vet for advice. Hope she feels better fast!