my cat beefy has a bloody nose and theres like a red gunk blocking her nasal passage any suggestions on how to clean it?

beefy got her face bumped by a car, took her to the vet and they gave me some meds for her and said shed be fine and to keep the area clean. ive wiped it with a wet papertowel and it just isnt really working. the gunk is blocking her nasal passage and seems to be causing her some trouble. so please if you know any tricks or tips it will be greatly appreciated=]

thankyou

Asked by Member 1116527 on Jun 19th 2012 in Other Grooming

Answers

Batfink

I usually clean my cats wounds or bloody bits with a very clean, warm and wet flannel, in a licking motion sometimes stopping and holding it over the bloody bit to soften it,which they usually tolerate,but they are quick to let me know when my help is not appreciated. hopefully he will be cleaning his face with his paws and this will help dislodge it too.good luck,sorry no better idea!

Batfink answered on 6/19/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

How long ago was she injured? If her nose continues to bleed, take her back to the vet for a check. One of my cats has chronic respiratory problems; her nasal discharge dries dark red, as do her tears.