my boy cat hasn't come back home tonight should i be alarmed

My cat hasn't come home tonight sGould i be worried

Asked by Member 1132217 on Sep 24th 2012 in Separation Anxiety

Answers

To be honest, worrying will not do you or your cat any good. It won't keep him safe out there and won't bring him back. I've had 2 outdoor cats myself and things didn't end well for either of them. But, once your cat is used to being outside, it's nearly impossible to make them an indoor cat unless they want to stay indoors. I did the best I could to make sure they came home at night. I had both of them micro-chipped because they wouldn't keep collars on. Many nights until I walked my neighborhood with a flashlight looking for them when they didn't come home. When Lily disappeared, I put posters on stopsigns and notified the local animal control, vets, and rescues. I made sure both of them were spayed/neutered to eliminate any chance of unwanted kittens. It also makes them less apt to wander far away. I hope your kitty comes home safe and sound. Please let us know when he does.