my aunt found a two week old kitten and its mother was shot with a gun what should she do?

my aunt found a two week old kitten and she is scared it will die and its mother was shot with a gun and we cant find another cat to be its adopted mother what should we do?

Asked by Member 980932 on Apr 11th 2010 Tagged itsatwoweekoldkitten in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Go to a local vet or pet store and get KMR (kitten replacement milk). A vet is best as they can give the kitten a check up too and show you how to feed them with a dropper. She'll also need to wipe the kittens rump with a warm damp cloth so he goes to the toilet as he's probably too young to do that on his own yet. Go to a vet or a local cat rescue and they'll be able to show your aunt how to do everything and will probably do it for free consideriung how she got the kitten. In a few weeks the kitten should be able to start eating canned kitten food on his own and it will get a lot easier to look after him.

Airel

Everthing Sassy has told you is correct . Also it is possible that a shelter may have a mommy to take over for being the kittys mom and may have some littermates to play with to be more social with cats and how they play .

Airel answered on 4/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Do you have any idea who shot the mother? I'm not up on American law, but shooting a cat (or killing it by any other means) is a felony in most if not all states. Once you get the kitten stabilized, I would contact the local ASPCA/police etc. regarding this crime. We want animal abusers to pay for their actions!

Chibi answered on 4/12/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer