My 9 month old kittens wont stop peeing on my things but they are litter trained.

I recently adopted 2 female kittens that came from the same liter. They are litter trained, fixed and had all their shots.
It was about 2 months in when they started peeing on things, then we moved to a new place and they started peeing on only my belongings and not my boyfriends.
I dont know what it is, Ive run out of ideas. Ive had cats my whole life and this has never happened before.
If anyone can give me ANY advice on what to do I would very much appreciate it.
Ive tried repellant spray to stop them from going in the same spot, I clean the litter box daily. I just dont understand whats going on and why MY stuff only.

Asked by Member 1212861 on Feb 24th 2014 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

They are unhappy that you moved in with your boyfriend and are showing their displeasure. They probably know something about him that you don't... cats are very intuitive that way. The only way they will not mark in the same spot is if you use a urine remover with anti-pheromone properties from the pet store, and you need to put it in your laundry and everywhere else they are soiling. Otherwise, they are going to ruin your carpets, clothes and things. Don't encourage them by leaving any clothes on the floor, and spend extra time with them now that you know that they are unhappy with the new living arrangement. Buy them more toys, treats and try a calming pheromone spray diffuser until you figure out what they already know about your boyfriend. ^_^