My 4-year-old has been antsy for days and almost attacked today. He held himself back, though. What does this mean?

Like I said in the question, Dexter has been just yelling at us for a few days, and today, was sleeping on my mums lap and just woke up, started yelling, and jumped to attack. He didn't do anything, just backed up and looked kind of scared.

We have two cats, him (4 years old, male, neutered) and Maggie (7, female, neutered). They get along great. Both of them are ill-equipped to make babies, but sometimes Dex will get too excited and mount her. He always looks so confused, so we just pick him up and set him down.

He HAS been having trouble peeing in his litter box. We've tried it all: different sands, box types, puppy pads, everything. He just wants to pee on the TV. We've sort of got this under control now.

We haven't been to a vet yet, but if he doesn't start acting like himself again soon, I may get him checked out.

I just don't know what to do. He's always been the sweetest little boy, even as a teenager kitten. I'm really worried that he might be ill.

Asked by Member 1136973 on Oct 21st 2012 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Any time there is a sudden change in behavior, Casters always recommend at least a call to the vet. Not using the litter box and a change in personality, especially involving a sweet cat who suddenly turns angry are 2 definite signs of something going on. Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose or suggest treatment for him over a computer. He needs to see a vet.