My 3 yr. old cat keeps urinating on stuff sitting in my floor. She still uses her litter box for pooping and peeing tho.

My 3 year old cat keeps urinating on stuff sitting in my floor. She still uses her litter box for pooping and peeing but she also urinates on stuff sitting in the floor. We haven't did anything new to cause this like for example: changing types of litter, no new cats, she doesn't go outside, and she's a happy cat. So I don't know why one day she just started peeing on stuff sitting on the floor. She pees in clothes baskets, on my back pack, even inside shoes once. Someone please help me don't want to have to give her away.

Asked by Member 1187001 on Aug 24th 2013 Tagged urine, clothes, noreason, urinatingoutsidelitterbox, healthycat in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Easy answer: do not put anything on the floor that you do not want peed on. Is she getting enough attention... this may be a ploy for negative attention. Buy her more toys and climbing posts. Keep your closet door closed if you don't want her going in there. Did your parents give you away when you didn't do everything that they wanted? :)) ^_^