My 3 yr old cat just started pooping in our bathtub, 3 days in a row. Just in the morning. Still uses his litter box.

3 days ago I walked into my bathroom and found really hard dry feces in the bathtub. I dismissed it because he seemed to be not feeling well. Day 2 and 3 he has done it again. Today though, he does not seem sick at all. I plan on taking him to the vet, I am just nervous because he is terrified of traveling. We recently started talking about going on a family trip, do you think this could have upset him? I am so confused. It would break my heart if anything happened to him and it would really affect his sister who is very close with him. I am assuming he is having anxiety because he is biting his ankles and having hair loss in those places. I keep telling him that he is not in trouble because I don't want him scared.

Asked by Member 1152013 on Jan 26th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

If your cat is passing hard, dry feces, it may cause him pain and he thinks it's the litter box's fault. Weird, I know, but that's how cats think. He sounds like he's stressed out by something, whether it's your preparations for your trip or if he has some health concerns. You are right for taking him to the vet. He needs to go. And, when Delilah started pooping in my bathtub, I began leaving a few inches of water in there to keep her out. Make sure his box is VERY clean and in a private, quiet place.