My 3 to 4 week old kitten has a very large stomach. The other three are fine. I am afraid she will stop breathing.

My kitten seems fine, but scooting around on belly. It is three times the size of her sister and brothers. Is it worms, should I press on her stomach???

Asked by Member 839520 on May 24th 2009 in Answers

Answers

It's probably worms as they are really common in kittens but it could be something serious like FIP. Take them to a vet for a check up and they'll be able to confirm its nothing serious and give you worming tablets for all the kittens.

Sassy is right and you should not press on her stomach if it's swollen. Take your kitten to the doctor with a stool sample. They can identify which type of worm, if it is worms, it is and give you the right medication. In a kitten that young, they will probably medicate her with something called "Strongid" which is a yellow liquid you fill an eyedropper with and shoot it down her throat. If she is really infested, her sister and brothers probably are also and will also need to be treated, as should the mom if you have her.