My 3 month old kitten seems to act as though her teeth hurt

I have had this kitten since she was 3 and half weeks old. She has always seemed to bite a lot and we thought she just had a behavioral problem. But we have noticed her chewing on metal, plastic, and other hard items. At times we will gently rub the sides of her mouth and she seems to act as though it helps like shes in pain. She has her canines but the bottom ones almost look as though they are not formed right or had a piece chipped off. Does anyone have any idea why this maybe?

Asked by Member 1128040 on Aug 28th 2012 Tagged teeth, teething, kittens in Health & Safety

Answers

She's teething, which is why she's chewing on everything. Her kitten teeth will then start falling out in a few months when her adult one start coming in.

Lilly

She should be starting to teeth and probably won't stop until she Is around 5 months. You can help her relieve some of the discomfort by soaking a cloth toy in water and then freezing it. That helped my now 6 month olds. It numbs the mouth and gives them something crunchy. There are also freezable teething products sold for kittens.
Hope that helps!
Good luck!

Lilly answered on 9/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer