my 16 year old female cat seems constantly hungry but still is losing weight. I can not afford to see a vet but I am ver

Asked by Member 1063444 on Oct 14th 2011 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Please get your cat to a veterinarian. Taking into consideration her age, she could have any number of things wrong with her. The most common ones that come to mind are diabetes, hyperthyroidism or chronic renal failure. Based on the symptoms you mention, it sounds more like diabetes or hyperthyroidism. Neither one of these conditions should be ignored, so please get your cat to a vet ASAP!

The other poster is right. The most common reasons for weight loss in an older cat are hyperthyroid, diabetes, and kidney failure. Your cat absolutely MUST see a vet for a diagnosis and treatment. Sorry, but there are no "home remedies" for this. See if your vet will accept a payment plan or try applying for Care Credit. Hope your kitty feels better soon.

Harley

I suffered from an over active thyroid and could eat every 20 minutes if Mom would let me.I would of been okay but then ended up mom finally had to put me down because of cancer.Check your cats thyroid at the vet.Mom has a whole bottle of my Tapazole 5 mg.Just had it filled before I got bad and had to go to rainbow bridge..I hate to see it go to waste since mom paid $30 for it.So if that is what is wrong with your cat my mom would be glad to send you the pills so someone can use them.

Harley answered on 10/16/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer