My 13 yr old neutered male cat is trying to hump my feet or arms at all times this past year.

He gets almost trance-like. When I try to stop him he gets really agitated. Why?

Asked by Member 1159994 on Mar 21st 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Unfortunately, this is common behavior amongst male cats, even neutered ones. If you have a very close relationship with him, he's showing the rest of the world that you are his. Lizzie gets that faraway expression when she's kneading my arm and the other day, when she did it with her little needle-claws out, I yelled "OUCH LIZZIE!!!" and she took off to hide under the bed for the rest of the evening. I know this is not something you want him to do in polite company. Maybe, if he hasn't been in a while, since in "human years" he's about 91, he might need to go see his vet. If he has just been, you might want to at least call them and see if there's a medication he can be on. You can try shaking a soda can with pennies taped inside at him when he starts.